View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 05:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice on which brake pad to choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
I don't think you had a problem per say. It appears your expectations were incorrect. I run the Z1 2 piece rotors all around and carbotech XP8's all around. They do just what they are supposed to do, stop me. Dust and some noise from time to time was expected.

Agreed

Also consider braided steel lines and if you are getting hot, the Stillen brake ducts really help.

I ran hawk plus and slotted only Z1,rotors at the track quite a bit and love the combo. It's squeaky and dusty around town though. The rotors are noticeably lighter and feel great on OEM calipers with street pads
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix

Last edited by SurfDog; 06-30-2017 at 05:09 PM.
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote