View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 04:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone running Quaife LSD?

Quaif stays very cool and it is much lower maintenance then a clutch style. You probably can skip a diff cooler at track days. (I do).

True that it looses grip when lifting a rear wheel (and on ice and snow) but I love mine at the track.

It also torque vectors so it kind of "pushes" you around turns helping with understeer on the exit or corners

It is a good/ great option for a weekend warrior in fact I argue unless you a fully dedicated track car than it's the best choice (at least it was for me)

Z1 knows what stuff you need to install based on your base setup.

Be careful if you install a new stub axle that it has the same number of cogs in the ABS sensor "cog". My replacement from Z1 had a different cog and it was a bitch to figure out what was causing the intermittent Xmas tree of dash lights from the computer trying to make sense of the discrepancy!!! (The cog tells the computer how fast your wheel is turning).
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix

Last edited by SurfDog; 06-30-2017 at 05:02 PM.
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote