View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 07:34 AM   #28 (permalink)
NorthStyle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z Nismo
NorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
It also bothers me that Moncef, the owner of Admin Tuning will not post apples to apples dyno sheets of lets say a Stillen Gen 3 with a tune next to Admin Tuning with MAF scaling.
I have the Admin Tuning intakes but I'm not here to defend Moncef either, although he's a great guy to deal with. I will say that most companies don't do comparative dynos for their products against a competitors by a third party; and if they did, I'd still be hesitant to believe them. Why hold it against him when he's a smaller business then Stillen or AAM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
It'd be a cold day in hell if you get that amount of power. People still run the same amount of power with all these setups. Nothing's really changing the game. Until we see consistent 340-350...360hp? Out of everyone just buy what you can afford. You're exactly right though! Tune probably costs more too because you do have to scale the **** out of them!
The tune should cost exactly the same... Seb (Specialty Z) didn't have any issues with mine and I'm in Germany. I'll will add that I was able to drive my car without any CELs/etc. prior to tuning but I had GTR injectors installed at the same time as my Admin intakes and EPS tbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markesc View Post
Which leads me to this question:

Who has the most reliable ecutech email tune available? Having come from the wrx world, it was easy to datalog and send a file back to the tuner for safety purposes, plus I was spoiled with Cobb being 10 mins away (I could walk there even!).

I care more about reliability instead of all out numbers/bragging/leaning out/blown motor, and reading the above posts doesn't exactly instill much confidence as far as I'm concerned.
Seb @ Specialty Z hands down. Process is the same: data log, email, wait, upload, redo until perfect (took four times before he was happy with both of my maps).

Last edited by NorthStyle; 06-27-2017 at 07:46 AM.
NorthStyle is offline   Reply With Quote