View Single Post
Old 06-22-2017, 09:26 PM   #136 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by /Angelo350Z/ View Post

I recently switched from Swift to Ark GT-S springs. I loved the Swift springs, they just didn't lower the car enough for me. The Ark GT-S springs, on the other hand, just gives the Z a more menacing stance. With that said, my car's too low that I managed to destroy the front aero diffuser, left and right air guides, as well as bend both of my FI canisters in 48 hours. My car can literally scrape on a burrito. I'm switching to coilovers.
This doesn't make sense to me...

Swift = 1.2" F - 1.0" R
Ark GT-S = 1.4" F - 1.2" R

That's less than a 1/4" difference front and rear going from Swift to Ark. That's like the thickness of an iPhone. How can only dropping that much more all of a sudden cause you to scrape everywhere and damage mufflers?

When I had my '91 Miata, I had it lowered on coilovers, 1.75" front and 1.5" rear. That car sat a lot lower than a Z on Ark springs and I didn't bottom out and scrape on stuff with it at all. The only issue I had was a little scrubbing on full lock in the front.

Not arguing, just trying to understand that post.