View Single Post
Old 06-21-2017, 02:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
Eagle
Track Member

Drives: 2011 370z Red 6MT
Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
Someone on the FB pages is giving me his new 3" setup and i sold my stillin gen 3's. Guess it cant get any worse. I say that though but 3 times ive dyno'd changing things and ive lost power! Like a lot! Think my best was 312 SAE in 4th with my setup, 2.75's, LTH and dual cbe. Then i tried e85 and made like 298 SAE in 5th!!! So almost stock power in 4th. Now with the side exit cbe and stillen gen 3's i made 310 SAE 5th. So maybe i could use a bigger intake. Who knows. Im currently porting the heads, openening the SH*T out of lower manifold and then going to try the 3" intakes. Hope it works out.
Everything i've heard about the Admin tuning intakes is that they require a MAF scaling tune at minimum, perform the best with the EPS throttle bodies...which at this point you are now looking at $1800 for some CAI's and +22 whp gains? Maybe 40whp with the throttle bodies?
It also bothers me that Moncef, the owner of Admin Tuning will not post apples to apples dyno sheets of lets say a Stillen Gen 3 with a tune next to Admin Tuning with MAF scaling. Why? Because the results are going to be close and you'll be spending $1200 for what you could get for ~$900 (assuming you purchase used Gen 3 intakes).

The cost just doesn't seem worth it to me and pretty much defeats the purpose of a CAI, which is a low cost bolt on mod that gets you a little pick up.

Also, i'd like to point out that K&N drop ins or short ram intakes with a tune may get you within 90% of a CAI on the dyno...but try that in the real world with some heat and watch that 90% drop fast due to heat soak.

nismo| EVO-R High Wing | Stillen Gen 3 CAI | SEIBON TS Hood | Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler | VMR 810 Wheels | Endless MX72 Pads |Sabelt GT-140 Seat |Fly1Motorsports RS1 Fenders | Hotchkis Front Sway Bar | Berk HFC |

Last edited by Eagle; 06-21-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote