View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 11:11 PM   #42 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryzia23 View Post
Before you drive yourself crazy and start taking the car apart, I suggest you get a proper coolant funnel kit (link below). What Im about to suggest is not possible without one because coolant would spill everywhere. So fill the coolant to 1/3 full of the funnel, start the car and turn on the heater all the way to max temp and max fan speed. Also make sure to adjust vents to face mode only and make sure AC is off! Run the car and give it several good revs to like 4-5k and hold for 5-10sec. Back off and repeat. This way you build extra pressure to push coolant around and possibly eliminate any air pockets that still might've been trapped in the system. Make sure you keep watching funnel through your windshield to make sure coolant is not excessively raising. If it does, back off for little and try again. Keep doing until fan kicks on and off couple of times. From experience some cars will bleed just fine from idling, others need that extra push especially when cooling system was completely opened. Hope it helps

https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-24610-S...ice+kit+funnel
that's the first thing I bought when I started trying to diagnose the issue lol...works very well for getting air out of the system, but sadly the last time I tried it which was about 2 weeks ago, I got no air bubbles escaping from the system. Thanks for the suggestion though
Z_ealot is offline   Reply With Quote