View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 05:12 PM   #34 (permalink)
fryzia23
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 MB 370Z NISMO
fryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond reputefryzia23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
I know lol.

What do you work on at your shop? A little bit of everything?
I started turning wrenches 5 years ago at one manufacturer(lexus) so I can only base my experience from that. I came from oil changes, diagnosis to engine overhauls. Generic diagnosis might be similar but part design, type of noises, common issues, procedures, etc could be way different so sometimes trying to fix one car based on another doesn't always work. Fortunately switched to Porsche two months ago so no longer with boring lexus

Anyhow lets try to help OP to fix his car. Since the car is only overheating on idle with ac on I cant really think of anything except insufficient air flow through the radiator. If there was an air pocket it would still overheat with AC off, the heat in the cabin would fall off from hot to warm during idle. Strange..
fryzia23 is offline   Reply With Quote