View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
MXVII
Base Member

Drives: 14 370z Touring 7AT
MXVII is on a distinguished road
Default Alignment and Noise after Installing Coilovers

Hi everyone. Got the Z as my first sports car about a year and a half ago and just now started getting into mods. I've tried searching around and found some good info, but I'm still unable to fully figure out exactly whats going on.

The first issue I'm having is the alignment. After a friend of mine installed Top Speed Pro 1 coilovers and rear camber arms, I took it to a local NTB next door to get it aligned. They were able to the toe back to spec, but even with the new adjustable camber arm, the tech was convinced that they couldn't do much with it at all. From what I've read, typically you want to stay in spec regardless. However the tech said the cambers fine given that its a lowered car. This is my first time getting into the mod scene so I have no baseline or prior knowledge. Thoughts on this? Facts? Attached my alignment results for reference.

The second issue I'm having is that after installing the coilovers, I can hear sounds coming from the rear. The sound is like hearing the car drive over gravel, but its constant. Has anyone had experience on how to fix this or what could be causing this noise? The friend that installed it with me double checked for things to be tightened, but maybe he missed something?

The intake and full CBE was fun, but the suspension so far has been more of a pain. I'm inclined to sell these coilovers and just go back to stock and save for Tein's, BC's, or KW's instead.

Thanks for anyone's help in advance!

-Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CCD05D63-E0B8-49C9-8D3B-558DD8952E5E.jpg (478.6 KB, 72 views)
MXVII is offline   Reply With Quote