View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 08:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
BadBoy
Base Member

Drives: 2017 NISMO Black 6MT
BadBoy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyzilla View Post
Obviously I can't speak for others, but the exact reason why I'm looking at purchasing the nismo is because I love the way it looks, mainly the body kit, and the seats are bad a$$. I'm not looking at modding the vehicle and the nismo comes with everything I want. I thought about buying a sport, but then getting a body kit, painting it to match, getting a new set of wheels and finding sport bucket seats while losing air bags isn't worth it to me. I agree with you though, for those who want to mod I think the nismo isn't a good choice, but there are folks with money who want to say they have a nismo lol
About your comment regarding not budging from 40k..are you referring to the dealers? If so, yeah it's ridiculous.
I had a 2010 40th Anniversary Z that I had modded for the track. At a minimum it required an oil cooler, Stiffer sway bars and coilovers. I do all the work myself and parts alone for all that were around $2,500. I haven't tracked my newly picked up 2017 Nismo yet, but initial impressions is that I will not have to do any of that.

I am a 95% daily driver and 5% Track Day driver (trying to change that ratio).

Also, I found my 2017 NISMO (non-TECH) at Carmax with 2,711 miles on it (I know, Carmax). I paid $38,998 and it is practically brand new. My local dealer would have to ship one in and could not consider anything below $40K for a new one.

Last edited by BadBoy; 06-18-2017 at 08:59 AM.
BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote