View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 03:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
ghotnit
Base Member

Drives: '14 Nismo 370z
ghotnit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by socce View Post
I see the EPS Throttle Body Upgrade kit is to 70” mm (2.75”). It would be great to match this with the AAM 2.75” intake . From there, what would be the next logical addition(s) ? I am new to car mechanics and only know what I've been trying to absorb through the forum.

I have been drawn in to going the route of Synolimit's kit with the manifolds. His throttle body goes to 63" mm (2.5") though. I am left with questions, due to my ignorance I assume. Perhaps 2.5" is large enough and not to worry about larger porting?
I have Synolimit’s setup with AAM’s intake on my car and I got gains with a tune. The key is matching the diameters so there is consistency in the airflow throughout the intake tract to keep the flow smooth. I looked at the EPS TBs and 70mm looked great but the manifold can’t go to 70mm and EPS uses an adapter to neck down to 58mm for the manifold. So where is the benefit? Synolimit’s setup is consistently 63mm (2.5 inches) which is as large as one can go. A 3-inch intake will not supply any more air than a 2.75 inch because it’s not being asked too (in a NA engine). The total vacuum demand starts in the manifold and whatever volume it can demand is all you need until you start forcing air.
'14 Nismo AAM 3" TD / AAM Test pipes / AAM CAI / Lowered on Swift / Synolimit Ported TB, upper and lower manifold /DW 1000cc injectors and 340 pump / ECUtek tuned by Hal @ Dynosty / 331whp/268wtq on E85
ghotnit is offline   Reply With Quote