View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Do it while you're young, it's a lot easier!

I'm nearly 40 and I'm finding it progressively more difficult to maintain the muscle tone and energy that I had in my 20's.

I usually get the best results by combining strength training and cardio in equal amounts. More muscle mass increases your resting metabolism rate, and the cardio improves your heart and lung function while burning calories and toning muscle.

But I'm like Vipor, 6'1 and 175. While I certainly do overeat on occasion, I eat controlled portions rather than eating until I'm stuffed. There is a delayed signal on the stomach to the brain, so if you stop before you are full you will usually discover that 10 minutes later you actually are satisfied.

If I get really motivated maybe I'll give P90X another go. Last time I tried it I hurt so bad after the first 2 days that I quit.
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote