View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 10:10 PM   #50 (permalink)
JTM88
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370Z
JTM88 has a reputation beyond reputeJTM88 has a reputation beyond reputeJTM88 has a reputation beyond reputeJTM88 has a reputation beyond reputeJTM88 has a reputation beyond reputeJTM88 has a reputation beyond reputeJTM88 has a reputation beyond reputeJTM88 has a reputation beyond reputeJTM88 has a reputation beyond reputeJTM88 has a reputation beyond reputeJTM88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGz View Post
Decided to try and tackle the cats...

Ahh yes. Demon bolts. 5-6 hrs of lifting the car, removing intakes, putting it back in.. bought an impact gun and extentions.. drove to a buddies to tackle with the impact since i dont have a compressor.. only one came out-passenger side..
Now now the driver side is definetly not wanting to come out. For 500lbs of tq we thought we were going to beat it! Nope
Maybe next time unless I can find a shop to just tackle that bolt- anyone know how much a shop would charge just to get the bolt out? I wouldnt mind having them put it on but.. california.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I tried using an impact too, just get a big cheater bar and put a pipe on it. Once I did this the bolts came right off, and using penetrating oil, constant torque seems to work better than an impact.