View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 11:35 AM   #17 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
Did you do the fab work yourself? Welding up intercooler and such? Does CJM plan on offering more than just the TT manifolds or is this strictly a one off?
The fabrication was done by Matt, who is the fabricator that builds the manifolds here for CJM.

Manifolds and downpipes (with external or recirculating dumps) are already available and have been sold/shipped to some customers.

The massive intercooler with upper tubes (to the throttles) is the next component to become available. This intercooler kit is expected to fit almost all forced induction options for the 370z, so it will also be available as a standalone product that users could purchase to upgrade their existing system.

What would be left to complete a turbo system would be the air filter tubes and the lower IC pipes. I am still on the fence about offering those. There isnt a need for another complete twin turbo kit. To over saturate the market waters down the R&D and value of everyone's product and doesn't really help the scene. Doing the fabricated style manifolds and downpipes for shops and customers who have the means to build the rest, I felt, was more like filling a void rather than creating a competing option.

It was never my goal to be in the complete kit race, and my business is not prepared to handle the support needs of customers purchasing a complete twin turbo kit. We will see where the future takes us... but at this snapshot in time, it is not a target. On top of all this said, I see it like this: I can spend a bunch of resources on making this a complete kit with every last nut and bolt, full instructions, etc etc... or I can use those resources to finish my billet intake manifold. Which option will more benefit the community and vendors?

Last edited by phunk; 06-16-2017 at 12:06 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote