View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 01:11 PM   #27 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
My guess is that one or more of the speed sensors is aligned so it just barely works with the stock wheels. Something about the new wheels disturbs the magnetic field enough to mess up the sensor signal. It may help to move the sensor(s) a little closer to the target.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombonombona View Post
So for an update. After about three days of driving with no speedo and other goodies that come with. Engine threw the P0500 vehicle speed sensor malfunction... think something could actually been wrong with the sensor or is this just a by product of the bigger wheels?
If you didn't do what SouthArk suggested, do that. Otherwise, find out what wheel speed sensor went bad and replace it. I suspect what you will find is something knocked the wheel sensor out of alignment.

Not to be a difficult person, but did you even look at the sensors? Hory chit batman, if all that stuff wasn't working on my car, I'd have it up in the air, checking for issues, not continuing to drive it with a non-functioning ABS and speedo.... can you say 'LAWSUIT' if you had been in an accident? Great googly moogly dude, fix your chit... don't post on the inter webs that you are continuing to drive with stuff not working right...