View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 09:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
trent1331
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z MB M6
trent1331 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to trent1331
Default Avant Garde M610's won't balance. Need opinions

http://i.imgur.com/R2JOCU8.png <---- Link to the Nissan report

Hey guys,

In February I put on a set of Avant Garde M610's on the Z along with a set of Swift Springs. I've felt a light vibration in the steering wheel when above 60 mph since they've been mounted, but was hopeful that after some mileage that it was maybe just the springs needing to settle in. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.

I took the Z to the local Nissan dealership to check the balance and this is what they said (I'll also link a picture of their assessment):

The front left and rear right are unbalanceable (road force test was giving 35 and 34 respectively). This is with ~2,177 miles on the tires & wheels, and they've been driven very lightly and carefully and had no adjustments made to the air pressure. Nissan suggests replacing both tires.

I called GetYourWheels (where I purchased from) and they think that it's possible that the wheels could be defective from the factory (and are doubtful that the tires are the issue), but we won't know until we get to test them.

Also you will see that a screw was found in one of the two unbalanceable tires but I'm fairly certain that it's not related to the balance issue. But my next steps are to replace the screwed tire and have another shop try to balance them.

Does anyone have any insight or experience with a similar situation or have any advice?

Much appreciated.

- Trent
trent1331 is offline   Reply With Quote