View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 11:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Fuzzzy
Track Member

Drives: 2014 370Z 7AT MR
Fuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeder View Post
I admit, I have not. I've only had the blind spot monitoring but didn't have to deal with it applying the brakes. Can you adjust the sensitivity or turn it off?

If they are this intrusive I'm definitely a proponent of adjustments for sensitivity and an off switch!
I can only speak for my wife's vehicle (Subaru Outback). To my knowledge the auto-braking can not be adjusted or turned off. Some of the other "smart" features can be toggled off/on, but I can't think of any off-hand that can be adjusted.

To be fair, I like some of them, particularly the "auto-adjust" cruise control (or whatever it is called). But I despise the lane-departure warnings and auto-correct. I do see the value of the auto-braking in theory, but it needs to be fine-tuned (at least from the version I have driven) for me to be completely sold.
Fuzzzy is offline   Reply With Quote