View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 11:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
370nellez
Base Member

Drives: 2013 Nissan 370
370nellez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
Regarding the red wire on the rca cable. One end goes to the positive of the backup light (same as the camera power). The other end of the red wire goes to the "backup" wire on the head unit, if it has one. When 12volts is present on the red wire, the head unit knows to display the camera.

The positive wire on the camera must go to the positive of the backup light. The color of the backup light wire may depend on where on the harness you are splicing. I spliced where the harness passes through black rubber grommet to the inside of the trunk. The backup wire is orange or tan color at that location. And the negative is black.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
i used the green wire that is connected to the actual reverse bulb. connected that to the red on the camera power wire and the black to black on the same reverse bulb. and i still have a red wire on the yellow rca cable

so you are saying basically to wire both reds (one from yellow rca and the other red camera power) to the same place, in my case the green wire(reverse bulb)?

EDIT: my head unit has a purple wire that says reverse signal, i wired that to the red wire on that side of the yellow rca cable.
370nellez is offline   Reply With Quote