View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 04:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzzy View Post
This is one of those things that I think is great for OTHER people to have
It's for this very reason that I'm torn about how to respond.
For those who don't give a damn about driving, or are too self-important to pay attention, I pray that their vehicle has it and that it kicks in before they hit mine.

As for me, that sort of thing will cause me to take my money to another brand - at least until they have all gone this way (due to changes in "industry standards", pressure from their legal departments, or legislation).
If I can disable it legally (even with an "are you sure?" confirmation), then OK.
Requiring a modification to remove the feature may well spell insurance problems in the event of an incident, though. Not something one thinks about before hand, buy you may wish you had considered that after, God forbid, something terrible has happened!

I'm glad I'm old enough not to worry about losing all of my rights and privileges to suit the "lowest common denominator" driver, his lawyer, or his political representative. By the time that happens, I'll likely have surrendered my keys. Meantime, as long as my generation (baby boomer) still holds sway in the market, I think we're all safe. You are collectively welcome, for that, btw!

DISCLAIMER: as more and more automotive executives and their advisors are driven to work by mommy or still need their diapers changed 5 times a day, THE END of things as we know it might come sooner than I think!!!
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote