Thread: Thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 05:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Memphis370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 MB
Memphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Never trust a salesperson. Their goals and yours are diametrically opposed.

There are many amortization programs available. Get one and plug in the numbers. Compare. Make your decision.

Rebates and other cash-back promotions are seldom what they seem. Read the fine print (don't take the salesperson's word for it).
I politely disagree. I'm a salesperson (albeit, not in the automotive realm) and my goal is for both parties to win with each and every transaction. If I provide value, solve a problem, or give my customer what they want/need at a FAIR cost, then I've done my job and I feel good about the relationship. That noted, in general, I agree with you, SouthArk. That's because most salespeople are selfish, greedy asshats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyzilla View Post
Thank you. I figured. It's always nice to get another person's input (especially one on your side lol)

I'm hoping this thread helps others as well. If I'm able to go through with the deal, hopefully, I will follow up with the details.

As for now, the rep and I decided to end the negotiation until "new incentives" arrive. He also had the audacity to add "if the car is still available" as if it hasn't been on the lot for over a year.

Stay tuned...
Don't let things muddy the water. Only negotiate the cost of the vehicle. Once you've done that, ask for something in writing showing you the true OTD cost. This will give you a chance to scrutinize each and every bullsh1t add-on fee. I'm a banker and have done thousands of loans, including auto financing, and I always recommend financing through a source other than the dealership's list of lenders. While you may get so-called 0% financing, they'll make up for it in other ways. If you finance through your bank, or another lender, you take that out of the equation. You're simply paying cash to the dealer, at the end of the day. I also suggest that you check out an online lender, such as LightStream.com (owned by SunTrust Bank and, no, I don't work for them, nor do I have any connection). I have financed my last two vehicle purchases through them for nearly "free" money - between 1.49 and 1.99% with no fees.

Just my two cents.
Memphis370Z is offline   Reply With Quote