View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 12:49 AM   #25 (permalink)
tbonesteak
Track Member

Drives: MY09 MB 6MT
tbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond repute

Oil Changed to Redline Synthetic!!!!
I just hit 5000 miles so I said why not.

12 Quarts of pure goodness. Thanks AK for persuading me to Redline. I swear, you should get paid by them.

Oh the irony.....they brag and brag about how good the oil is under hot temps and they slap this sucker on.

For those who want to know how it looks like, here it is.

Not suitable for break in. I waited until 5k to switch over.

On jackstands.

Levitating Z. On a serious note, if you notice, i purposely tilted the car a tiny bit to the right to make sure i can drain as much dirty oil as possible.

I swear by this filter since many years ago when they were blue instead of gold. Good stuff.

Thanks again to AK for teaching me this ingenious method.

Best 5 dollars I've ever spent. Bought at Pepboys.

I always make sure to fill the new filter with some oil to prevent a dry start. Does doing this make the car last longer at all? Probably not. Does it help me sleep at night? Yes. Oh and make sure to lube the new gasket with oil.

Looking pretty clean!

Feeding the baby monster.

Impressions: Holy hell she runs smooth. Noticeably quieter and smoother. I will change the oil and filter every 5000 miles with this setup. Thanks for looking and happy modding! Next up on my list is the FI cbe so stay tuned!

Cheers,

Tim
tbonesteak is offline   Reply With Quote