View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 06:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriNismo View Post
10. About comparative negligence and coming full circle back to mods: If you alter or remove safety equipment from your car, like its airbags, a defendant in your case will argue you at least partially caused your own injuries. Yes, I know a naked steering wheel looks cool and lean, but it's a risky thing to do. I've seen a lot of injuries as a cop, claims adjuster, and personal injury attorney. Don't put your health and enjoyment of life at risk.

This x10000

I still don't understand why people mod their street cars to remove OEM safety equipment. It's all designed as a system. The stock belts allow some stretch since they expect that an airbag will keep you from eating a steering wheel. Ditching the seats and losing the side airbags sounds like a great way to get seriously injured when someone runs a red and Tbones you. Those sweet harnesses may get you killed if you run them without an appropriate roll bar or full cage.

And if I'm the passenger and the OEM safety systems have been removed and I get injured, you will also be hearing from my attorney.