Thread: Thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 09:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
babyzilla
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 15 Nismo Tech 6MT
babyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thoughts?

Members,

I feel bad for making such a selfish thread, but I would really appreciate any advice or help that sheds light onto my situation!

I've been in the market for a new nismo for a while. I've had my eye on one at a particular dealership since last year, and it's still there! I, like you guys, know the market for a Z in general is terrible and there are deals to be made. I personally don't think there's anything like the nismo as it truly is an enthusiast vehicle. The nismo would be my weekend car/ garage queen as I have a DD. I know the resale value sucks, but the way technology and the market is going I don't think there will be another vehicle like this AKA my hope is to keep this car for the foreseeable future. Anyways, the reason why I'm writing this post is for two reason. OTD pricing and next gen model. Before you kill me and tell me there are several threads on both of these topics...I know, but I think this thread will combine them very nicely. Please hear me out.

OK, so like I said, this specific nismo has been on their lot since last year and it's actually a 16 model. Non-tech, manual. The only way I'd buy it, especially as a secondary vehicle, is if I get 0% financing, which I found out today that I am applicable. So that's great. One thing that kind of annoyed me is the car has 244 miles on it. I'm not exactly surprised considering how long it's been on the lot, but still, I'm buying new. They keep asking me what will it take for them to sell the car to me and blah blah, so everything essentially points to them being desperate which works in my favor. Long story-short, 0% for 60 months, 5-8k down, desperate, 244 miles, 16 model sitting for over a year. What kind of pricing am I looking oa? I know everyone's circumstance is difference, but I've read members paying anywhere from 35-48k OTD for their nismo. I'm shooting for 38k. I live in MD btw where tax is 6%. Dealer has it posted for 40 and change and we all know that's BS.

Lastly, I know this sounds weird, but I actually wish the Z will either be discontinued or redesigned in such a manner that it is not pleasing to me. If it's refreshed with things here and there, then that may lead to buyer's remorse and we all know that would suck! I love the nismo for being a true 2 seater, real wheel drive, NA, and most importantly, no useless electronics/settings. With the way the industry is going, a lot of the newer cars have settings to drive in and all these electronics features and some sort of turbo or hybrid engine - I'm not diggin' that.

Thoughts??

Last edited by babyzilla; 06-07-2017 at 09:16 PM.
babyzilla is offline   Reply With Quote