View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 02:27 PM   #87 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoulaZ View Post
Uh... what spacers? I just installed these same Injectors a few weeks back and don't remember anything specific about spacers. Course it's possible I just installed them without taking note. Only thing I really recall is the two seals per injector, top and bottom.
There are some 3/16"ish spacers where the injectors meet the engine to ensure the injectors remain firmly in the rail and in the engine. If you do not install them, fuel pressure can force the injector further than desired into the block and lead to the top developing a gap between the injector and the rail. After a little cooldown, I felt the inboard side of the injector at the rail and I could feel the o-ring. Also, significant spray from between the rail and the injector upon priming the fuel pump by turning the ignition "ON"

If you look at the picture, the spacer is actually on the injector ("top" or engine side of the injector) at this point. How they got removed is beyond me...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Injector.jpg (96.7 KB, 32 views)
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote