View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 07:28 AM   #22 (permalink)
Beego27
Base Member

Drives: 13 370Z manual
Beego27 is on a distinguished road

Just want to breathe some new life in this thread. I'm having a go at this DIY in Australia in a RHD. For those looking to do the same, the auto amp and AC controls are different part numbers, likely due the direction the center console faces. Looking at photos, the mounting points are differently. Unfortunately for Aussies, there is no option for the base model so all parts relating to it must be sourced overseas. I have bought these directly from Japan.

However this makes getting the connector very difficult as there are no local wrecked base models. Luckily I have found the exact plug for sale in the US for a couple of $$ and will be able to make my own. I can link the seller for those interested, however I'm new to this forum and not sure of the rules.

I have everything ready to go except the extra pins for the ac amp connector. What have others done to make these new pins? At a guess, most people have pulled the new connector from a wrecked car so the pins would have been on there already. I don't have that luxury. I'm trying to buy the whole AC amp harness and pulling two pins out to add to my new connector but I'm out of lucky again, the Z isn't a big seller in Australia and theres no local wrecks for me to cut it out of, and I'd probably have more luck explaining the thermodynamic cycle of an IC engine over the phone to a wrecker than getting them to cut one out for me and post it.

So any suggestions where to source these pins from? Is anyone able to confirm they are the same pins as in the controls connector? I have a few spares of them I could use, I'm just not sure if the pins will sit in the plug correctly.
Beego27 is offline   Reply With Quote