Thread: Bmw m2
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 05:18 PM   #159 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

I typed a detailed comparison between the M2 and our 370Z as I picked up a new M2 in Munich and drove it for 9 days and 1,100 miles. But I guess it took me too long to type and I couldn't post it. So here's the short version. 6mt vs 6mt.

Power/acceleration, goes to M2.

Clutch, M2 by a lot.

Shifter, 370 by quite a bit, M2 feels a little rubbery.

Handling, M2 due to a more balanced feel. Probably due to 370Z being more front heavy, 55% vs 52%. Both hug the turns very well and M2 has very little body roll vs their M235i. Comparable to the Z.

Road noise, much less in the M2 but it's no luxo cruiser and gives you enough road noise for good feedback. And I have dynomatted my hatch & doors on my Z.

Steering feel, 370Z wins, can't beat hydraulic but the M2 is very good for electric and I can definitely live with it.

Unknown, I know you maybe considering an M2. Definitely get a test drive, it's overall the better car but I know you're a stickler for steering feel.

Any other questions please post and I'll do my best to answer.
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote