Thread: Dragon deaths
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 07:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
solidus
Track Member

Drives: 15' Nismo Black 6MT
solidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond repute

Long time ago I used to go to Deals Gap every year with the R1-Forum for our yearly convention. It seemed like every year we lost someone in our group either to death or serious injury. The last time I was scheduled to go I lost a really good friend not on the dragon but riding dirtbikes nearby. He tabletopped a jump and had to have surgery. Died from a clot right after I talked to him on the phone and said I was about to head up. I never went back. I remember my first runs through scared to death at 25mph and I remember bombing through on one of my R1's like I was at the track. I figure if I ever go back to that place I'll tiptoe through and just remember how I did it back in the day.
solidus is offline   Reply With Quote