View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 11:23 AM   #79 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Fuel Injectors: IMPORTANT

Here's a hiccup that's extremely dangerous and very avoidable if anyone reading this is planning on upgrading their injectors as well: Use the spacers!!!!!!!!!1!!!!111!!!!

I can't actually stress that enough. Somehow we installed the new injectors (ID1050Xs) without the supplied spacers and my #4 injector separated itself from the rail while driving down a busy road... Very awkward...

Sitting at a stoplight, the car randomly starting idling extremely rough and then turned off. Upon attempting to restart the car, I noticed a puff of dark smoke from one of my drivers' side hood vents. Commence "Oh ****, Oh ****, Oh ****". Popped the hood, immediately smelled gas and noticed gas boiling on my intake runners under the fuel rails. Not having the fire extinguisher I do now, I did the only thing I could think of and I poured the contents of my water bottle onto the boiling mixture to cool it down, dilute it and try to wash some of it off. My neighbor towed me back to my house (only about 2 miles away) and I tore down the culprit area this morning to discover the above issue...

I talked to Z1 about getting the spacers through them since I am ordering my oil cooler and pan through them as well in hopes that maybe they would include a set for me and I should hear back Monday from them. Until then, I get to do the one thing I hoped not to do again for a long, long while... Take off and re-install that damn Stillen intake manifold
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote