View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 10:57 AM   #35 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
If you want to beef up the 7AT, talk to Fast Intentions or Level 10. Although, it's probably not as necessary with a supercharger as it would be with a turbo. If I had an auto and was doing your build, I'd set aside the cash for a built transmission and wait until the stock one pops.

Honestly, since you're starting with a base Z, I'd consider brakes and LSD to be more pressing needs than the tranny.
This is exactly what I am doing. I didn't see anything about transmission stuff on the FI website other than the flexplate. I know that Level Ten advertises a tranny built to 700+ hp for close to 5k. Hopefully mine doesn't give too soon...
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote