View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 10:07 PM   #56 (permalink)
StillenZ84
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370Z 7AT S/C
StillenZ84 has a reputation beyond reputeStillenZ84 has a reputation beyond reputeStillenZ84 has a reputation beyond reputeStillenZ84 has a reputation beyond reputeStillenZ84 has a reputation beyond reputeStillenZ84 has a reputation beyond reputeStillenZ84 has a reputation beyond reputeStillenZ84 has a reputation beyond reputeStillenZ84 has a reputation beyond reputeStillenZ84 has a reputation beyond reputeStillenZ84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoulaZ View Post
For that kind of RPM, yeah they can replace the bearings with some hybrid ceramics, but how about the impeller wheel, shouldn't that also need to be machined for much better balance? The limit imposed on these units takes into account both of those aspects.

I'm running the '9 psi' pulley and at 7500 engine RPM the impeller is spinning at just a hair over 56000. Do you know the diameter of your input pulley?
Their impeller is balanced to within .006g/inch at 60,000 RPM. So it will obviously be spinning faster but I don't think it will be enough to cause concern. Im going to start with a new combination and go from there. The 9 psi pulley, 2.85" supercharger pulley, and 3.47" jackshaft pulley. We might be bumping my redline up a little as well.
AtA SC|9 lb pulley|2.85" SC|3.47" Jack|E85|CJM S1-SE|ID1000s|Walboro 485|Zeitronix FF|Stillen CBE|AP Racing|Level 10|F.I. Flex plate|Nismo-S tune|EcuTek RaceRom|Sebz|Speed density|Haltech|3GsCustoms Dual pod a-pillar|Carbon Signal GTR gauges|Fujimura|Built| CP Pistons/Carrillo rods|PortPolishHeads/intakes|928motorsports IG: evanosteenz34
StillenZ84 is offline   Reply With Quote