View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 02:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
stansens
Base Member

Drives: 2016, 370z
stansens has a reputation beyond reputestansens has a reputation beyond reputestansens has a reputation beyond reputestansens has a reputation beyond reputestansens has a reputation beyond reputestansens has a reputation beyond reputestansens has a reputation beyond reputestansens has a reputation beyond reputestansens has a reputation beyond reputestansens has a reputation beyond reputestansens has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Just so you know in the 45 years that I've worked on cars which included many engine rebuilds, when parts disintegrate they don't just fall into the oil pan. Thousands of small metal pieces get sucked in through various intake ports and migrate to all the cylinders as the engine "spools" down and eventually siezes due to the massive parts destruction as shown in your photo.
I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble but even a destroyed valve will spread and drastically lower any expected longevity of a rebuild if the engine is not completely dismantled, boiled in cleaner and inspected via virtual microscope.
My thoughts don't even account for the ever so close tolerance of your engine. Before you plan I would count on full disassembly and complete professional rebuild.
In the end it's up to you. Don't mean to bother you but just wanted to send you a bit of advice.
Good luck.
stansens is offline   Reply With Quote