View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 02:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejuanito View Post
Do you think -2 front camber would over kill for weekend/spirited driving? I'm at -1.25 front and -1.4 rear but would like to make it a bit more aggressive without wearing out too excessively.
Personally I don't think anything over 1.25-1.5 (previous cars I would be able to get full tire life at 1.5 but inner would wear much sooner, now I stick to -1.0 for street and lower for track days since I have coilovers) would be useful for street unless your driving like a complete *** and drifting into the oncoming lane. I just don't think you'll be hitting the turns hard enough with enough sustained speed to roll the tire and use the full surface at -2 etc... and then you killing the inside of your tires on sustained straight freeway driving.

You have coilovers as well and it's pretty simple to lower to gain camber for events. With my stock arms I've calculated and measured after about a 1/2-5/8" drop is good for about .75 degree camber. Not sure if it's a linear increase though but if you spend a little time and get a cheap camber bubble gauge you can set ride height to gain some camber, write down the spec and then you'll have a quick easy dual setup. I did mine and the reset and checked with a true hunter alignment machine and specs were all within less than .1 of each other.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote