View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 07:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle64b View Post
The only downside to the above things: If you are buying a new Stillen kit and that is all that you want for awhile, then I wouldn't recommend the air-air and the extra pulley yet since your kit new comes with a warranty that gets voided as soon as you modify it. I picked my kit up secondhand, so I wasn't really concerned about that aspect. That is the ONLY downside to the above mods.
See, here's the thing with the Stillen warranty. It requires you to use everything as it comes out of the box, and their tune is a ******* disaster. Not to mention the MAF being pre-intercooler. So if you keep the kit stock, you get to keep the warranty, but you're far, far more likely to use it. If you ditch the water-to-air setup and get a good tune, you lose the warranty but are much less likely to need it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle64b View Post

Down the line if you want more power, you'll want to upgrade your injectors and potentially your fuel system.

Many folks might push you towards ecutek for the tune. I had Uprev for my NA tune and I switched to ecutek for my current tune.

Going up a size on injector and switching to Ecutek at the beginning saves you the re-tune when you inevitably want more out of it.