View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 06:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good man!

I am about 98% done with my build, pending tune, and then I will be adding the oil cooler and the CJM baffled oil pan per recommendation from here.

Definitely go with Topgunz Air-air setup! If you do the install yourself, it adds almost no time to it since you're hooking up and setting up all of the water stuff. TBatt's extra pulley mod adds about 2 minutes to install and eliminates the belt slip up high.

The only downside to the above things: If you are buying a new Stillen kit and that is all that you want for awhile, then I wouldn't recommend the air-air and the extra pulley yet since your kit new comes with a warranty that gets voided as soon as you modify it. I picked my kit up secondhand, so I wasn't really concerned about that aspect. That is the ONLY downside to the above mods.

Down the line if you want more power, you'll want to upgrade your injectors and potentially your fuel system.

Many folks might push you towards ecutek for the tune. I had Uprev for my NA tune and I switched to ecutek for my current tune.

If you'd have only started this sooner! Haha. I was just in Carrollton visiting my family for a week and I woulda loved to come help out a little!

Good luck man!

-Brett
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote