View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 11:13 AM   #31 (permalink)
nomodsjk
Premium Member

Drives: 2011 370z MB/7at
nomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Well I think your goal is most likely obtainable. It may or may not have some additional challenges, but I am sure it can be done. That said, even with a 4.3L you will be at some notable disadvantages vs a v8 4.3L that tried it. I think that your goal would be more accurately compared to a v8 acheiving 1200whp with a larger whipple. The perspective I am looking at is that you have 2 less intake ports and 2 less exhaust ports to work with, less X/Y plane cross-section to fit your intercooling (due to a shorter engine plus a narrower 60 degree valley vs 90 degree), and of course less pistons and rods to spread the work out on. Also a 900whp V8 will generally be able to do this with a very stock-ish short block, where the stroked and sleeved v6 has introduced a host of potential complications that could become hurdles.

(So, I think you can get there, I just might not expect to see it on the first tuning session)
You're right obviously I didn't consider that before posting. Back in October when i first started buying parts for my high hp goals i spoke with mike about what i wanted to do and originally we were going to go with the tried and true FI kit stage 3 to be precise so i bought his stroker kit he had for sale and he recommended bobby for the engine build and i agreed. After a couple months into the build the idea for the whipple came up and I mentioned that I always wanted a high hp sc system because I wanted to be different. I didn't want to just copy what others were doing and i prefer the power delivery of the sc. From the start i said that for the money I would be investing I would want around 900whp and anything less wouldn't make sense considering what the FI kit has been proven to produce with similar modifications. I knew the whipple kit would be a bit of a gamble but I seriously hope we get close or yes I'll be bummed...even if we get 850 ill be happy after all its gonna be hard enough getting all that power to hook properly. That's why I dropped the air ride and went with the robbie spec kw's, os giken diff, dss axels and every spl part made for our cars. Also i thought anything over 850-900 would just be dyno queen territory and unusable and i really wasn't interested in breaking any power records. What I really want is the fastest car not the most powerful. So yea after 9 months and more than a brand new nismo invested I have high hopes as I believe anyone here would and everyone here can believe me when I say the dyno sheet will be posted either way. Im counting down the days like a kid on the 1st of December and im hoping santa brings me my freaking power goals...
nomodsjk is offline   Reply With Quote