View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 02:39 AM   #28 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer_110 View Post
You guys need to do a little more research. Plenty of shops working with Penske shocks that can set you up for way less than 10k. iirc ANZE Engineering quoted me ~4.5k for a set of double adjust, remote res. Penske's. Yes that is more than you're talking but that's also a set of shocks probably beyond what you're looking for.

Additionally, a set of single adjust AST's are probably only around 2.5-3k for a set.

Biggest trick with most of the shops/manufacturers in the shock world is to CALL THEM. For whatever stupid reason most have a poor online presence but once you call them you'll get the answers/info you're looking for.
I talked to AST for 3 weeks and the left hand never knew what the right hand was doing the whole time. Yes we have oem type, no we don't make oem type, wait let me get back to you on what our rates are, waiting, waiting, yes we make one way 4100 series, no we only make 5200 with remote reservoir. Gave up and said ok if you have a BMW go AST if your in JDM they don't give a **** about you. And this is last year so not like it was early in the z life cycle. So far powertrix has the best damn support of any and got me what I wanted (a truly linear performance and dual duty set up). But my bike run ohlins and I know ohlins does their research so I was looking for quiet a while but hey wouldn't do a 370z (even called them). Really strange they now decide to do it as this is most likely last year if the 370z.

Watch I bet sales suck and just like most big corps today some overpaid moron bean counter at HQ is going to go see I told you it was a bad idea to ever release 370 kit and then they'll fire the guy who finally pressed them to make a 370 kit as they missed the bus and we all already have our kits. Sad when really the 350 and 370 are so similar most companies spent pennies to make a 370 kit when all the r&d was spent on the 350.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote