View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 06:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
OhioYJ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 370Z
OhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIZZY View Post
I'm in it for the sound & the power gains.
but don't really see the need for an extra $500+ for minimal gains adding the HFC
So which is it noise or power gains? Sorry doesn't seem like both here. Cats do both, and everything adds up.

I can see saying the cats aren't worth it because a tune is recommended. However that would again result in more power, and a car that is more responsive. I could also see maybe even not wanting to deal with the install.

The cats are roughly a third of the cost of the exhaust you are looking at, and you are still saying they add roughly a third of the power at least? I'd say that's substantial. I don't think anyone would deny that factory cats are the most restrictive part of the factory exhaust system.
OhioYJ is offline   Reply With Quote