View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 07:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber370 View Post
I don't get why people keep slamming the 370z.

One brand comes to mind that has several cars in its lineup which have not seen a redesign for a long time.......Lotus! Does anyone complain? NO! That's because the Elise, Exige and Evora are the type of cars that people want. Driver cars with relatively low tech. Yes the Evora recently received higher horsepower but the engine still remains the same low tech Toyota V6 nevertheless. Keep in mind, the Evora was designed in 2009. No one is complaining. We won't even talk about the Elise which has remained almost unchanged since the mid 90's except for new skin and mild engine tweaking. Again, simple low tech Toyota 4-banger.

On the other side of the spectrum, look at what happens when a car maker tries to reinvent the wheel by stuffing as much useless tech as they can in redesigning a car that was originally the holy grail of sports cars. Yes, I'm talking about the new Acura NSX. It's turned out to be a sales flop. Too much tech that no one wants at an uncompetitively high price. With all it's hybrid technology, V6 turbo and different drive modes, it has a hard time even keeping up with cars in its price range.

I think the present Z is a modern classic that is still unique, fun, fast, beautiful and therefore will be highly sought after when gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well said....
Lotus is also a struggling car company yet they remain true to their loyalists and keep producing the cars the ENTHUSIASTS want. While they may use Toyota engines. They can't supplement low sales with Camry profits.

The Z doesn't need better tech. Keep EVERYTHING that makes it great now. Just enhance that sheetmetal, give us that turbo and update the interior appropriately. Keep that handbrake, hydraulic steering and old school traction control.