View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 08:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
Well, it's hardly surprising that if you don't update it for 7 years, and you don't promote it, sales are going to plummet.

Funny that I'm pretty aware of the rear-wheel-drive sports coupe market, yet when it came to looking for one for my wife, I did't even think of the 370Z at first. Genesis coupe (about to be discontinued), Toyota 86, various Porsches, Miata and Fiata all came readily to mind. Muscle cars, too, although I quickly came to my senses there! It wasn't until I spied a used one that I even remembered the 370Z. I think it's just lazy business practices that are keeping the Z34 on life support. As MacCool said, it's paid for itself. Since new development costs money, why not just keep producing this for now with very few changes? It truly was one of the best cars you could buy for the money and the purpose. But the market is passing it by.

The Juke is a far more imperfect car, but well received for years. It's sales, too, have almost been halved. It probably is time for it to go.

Just because this series of each is coming to an end, doesn't mean goodbye forever though, does it? I don't know about Juke, but I'm sure this must have been posted here before:
Nissan Z Concept Coming; Production Car Could Reach 500 Horsepower

I recall a recent interview with some design person from Nissan, too, talking about how the Z was dimensionally bigger than its predecessors, and he implied that the next generation would be on a diet. That was promising news on several fronts. It probably means a smaller, turbocharged engine, but if the output is where it should be then that's not the worst thing in the world.

Yeah, electric, automated people-movers are the way of the future. Fortunately, not the immediate future, and I'm old enough that they are not likely to feature in my time horizon. Lets not lament the demise of the internal combustion engine just yet. Mark Twain's famous comment definitely applies to this thread.

The gencoupe is NOT dead. Basically it's on hiatus. They've made the genooupe way more luxury GT and it will return in 2020 under the Genesis brand. Not Hyundai. Even Hyundai hasn't nixed their sports car.

This article about the Z came out after the one you posted

The 370Z Is 'Not a Priority' for Nissan

And the news is trying to pound this in people's heads.... Damn nut n tree huggers...

Richard Branson: All cars will be electric by 2030 - CNN.com

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 05-29-2017 at 08:08 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote