View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 07:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
seanmorr370
Base Member

Drives: '12 370z BC A7 Turbo
seanmorr370 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihiryu View Post
I currently run a 100 shot. I was running a 150 shot for a little bit. I seldom use the nitrous, but I can tell you on the stock GTR wheels, I couldn't hook for the life of me with the 150, that's also using the ECUTek traction control. When the nitrous hit with the 150, it's like i was ripping the tarmac off the roads lol.

And yes, running E85, makes not have to pull as much timing. I still do pull a little time with the nitrous though, but not as much as I would have with pump. (Disclaimer, I tune my own car, so please consult whoever is tuning your car before you take my advice!)

I run a dry setup, since on my G35 back in the heyday I had very disheartening experience with a nitrous backfire. You can wire up the nitrous solenoid to a relay controlled by the CPC. Then make custom tables to arm and disarm the nitrous. So when I'm in my Nitrous map, it pulls a degree of timing, and sprays from 3500-6500. The reason why I have it setup this way, is because I flat foot shift. You don't want nitrous spraying when you flat foot shift, it's a very fast way of blowing up your motor from cylinder pressure and sheer load of nitrous (which is why you don't want to spray BELOW 3k).
Do you have a progressive controller? I'm getting one mostly to dampen the TQ on my stock parts, but I'm hoping that between that and an ecutek launch tune I'm able to hook up on the tarmac relatively easily.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Precision 6266 - Switchback Racing 3.5" single exhaust - Switchback Racing oil catch can - Tial BoV/WG - Z1 oil cooler - Stillen trans cooler - Tein Street Basis coilovers - Megan rear sway bar - Konig Ampliforms
seanmorr370 is offline   Reply With Quote