View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
RN SHARK
Track Member

Drives: 09 370Z, 14 SRT GC
RN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brake fade at CMP

So last weekend at Carolina Motorsports Park I experienced brake fade for the first time on track. The pedal went to the floor and had very little braking ability. This happened a few times near the end of 25-30 minute sessions. I am trying to figure out why this happened and if I can prevent it. Air temps were mid to upper 80's.
My setup is Carbotech XP10 front, XP8 rear, front RacingBrake 2-piece rotors, rear stock rotors, Stillen brake cooling ducts, Motul 600 fluid, SS brake lines.
The pads were new for this weekend and the fluid was recently flushed in April. I did not have any fluid flow out of my bleeder screws. The only thing I can think of is that this track is hard on the brakes with straights just long enough to build up speed, but not long enough to effectively cool the brakes. After the sessions I would drive down the street about a mile each way and the pedal would come back a bit. By the time the next session started, the brakes felt solid again, until 20-25 minutes into it. For reference I was running 1:55 to 1:54 lap times.
I have not had this happen anywhere else. I've been to AutoClub Speedway many times in the summer, Big Willow, VIR, and Roebling Road.
Any thoughts?
RN SHARK is offline   Reply With Quote