View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 09:26 PM   #30 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1NONLY View Post
I thought the problem started when the turn went off-camber (well...flat anyway) just before the straight.

Through some of the turn, the road was "helping" you, then the help ended before the lateral forces were "done" and the rear stepped left. Your reaction was pretty quick considering it looked like a surprise. Things could have gone a lot worse with a later reaction. You also seemed to instinctively minimize how much you "argued" with inertia while you gathered it up, that helped too.
It could have been. It is hard to tell. I am racking my brain trying to figure it out. I knew I had one chance to get the recovery right so I did minimal inputs. I am glad the stock VLSD was not in the car. I would have wagged the tail for sure like it has done many times before. Reality is I was lucky, everything went my way.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote