Thread: To tune or not
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 04:20 PM   #37 (permalink)
RanRich
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 PG Sport M6
RanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond reputeRanRich has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mults View Post
The car now has a proper A/F ratio at full throttle (was way lean before) and the drivability is markedly better. While driving the "Dragon" I could keep the trans in 3rd or 4th gear more that I used to because of the lower and mid-range power. The throttle response is also more linear and direct than it used to be. The MPG has increased slightly too, but this was not a deal breaker if it didn't.

All I can say is that if this is something you are contemplating, I can say with 100% certainty that I made the right decision. I also want to give a big shout-out to Logan and Hal at Dynosty for their care and concern for me and my Z during this tune. They are professional, courteous and they know WTF they are doing. This is by far the best $$$ that I have spent on the Z to date.
Awesome. I have similar mods - RTP, K&Ns with MAF tubes, catback - and am hoping for ~310whp. Scheduled for June 23rd with Hal for an EcuTek tune and cannot wait, will be making the trip all the way from KC. Can't wait to see power under the curve and throttle response improvement, hoping to leave with a much more intuitive and active car.