Thread: Kansas City
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 03:12 PM   #3695 (permalink)
ScoobieZ
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370z black auto
ScoobieZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanRich View Post
Anyone here tuned from Modified by KC? I hear lots of mixed reviews on them, but would prefer a dyno tune over an e-tune and data logging.

Let me know your opinions on them vs. working directly with UpRev. Looking to have maps for cold/warm weather, increase throttle response, and trigger the fans to come on earlier.
Try kc maxx performance. They have a rwd dyno I'm pretty sure.
https://kcmaxxperformance.com/

Now, regarding MKC..

Shop foreman and owner are nothing but scum. Personal experience with them. Did some good work for me. I left a 5 star review. Then did some bad work and lied about it (broken shifter mount weld - work was even unrelated to that so coming forward and telling me "Hey this broke while it was in the shop"would not have been a huge problem. They told me that it was supposed to be like that, and the shift knob fell forward touching the dash... idiots). Called a few weeks before to make dyno appointment, told me a time and day. Drove 35 minutes downtown that day to find out they didn't record our appointment time. Also re installed a shift kit backwards. Again, they told me it was supposed to be like that.

I then changed my review from 5 stars to 4 stars saying, when theyre not busy and focused and doing their high power engine builds they do great work. But they can be a bit reckless and unorganized.

At that point they called me saying "we're not playing these games anymore. We don't want you as a customer." Since then I've been doing all of my work, besides tuning, and nothing broken

Keep in mind by that point I had spent around 5000 dollars with them.

They say they've been around since the 90's and that they are good. I theorize they are around because they are the only shop with an AWD dyno. If you have a stock motor, and slightly modified setup I wouldn't worry about their tuning. But a lot of mods that they didn't build themselves I would be VERY wary of them.

Last edited by ScoobieZ; 05-24-2017 at 01:43 PM.
ScoobieZ is offline   Reply With Quote