Thread: To tune or not
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 01:56 PM   #34 (permalink)
mults
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 (40th) #706
mults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it's been a while since I started this thread, but I wanted to provide an update...

Got the Z tuned at Dynosty on Tuesday, May 17th on the way to ZdayZ. Below are some of the final results:

1) With HFC and CBE: 288.45HP and 240.07TQ (tested on a Dynojet from another tuner)
2) With HFC, CBE and CAI: 295HP and 250TQ (approximate numbers from Dynosty on Dynojet)
3) With HFC, CBE and CAI (and Ecutek tune): 312.06HP and 260.58TQ. I am really impressed with these numbers as I was HOPING to get to the 300HP mark.

The car now has a proper A/F ratio at full throttle (was way lean before) and the drivability is markedly better. While driving the "Dragon" I could keep the trans in 3rd or 4th gear more that I used to because of the lower and mid-range power. The throttle response is also more linear and direct than it used to be. The MPG has increased slightly too, but this was not a deal breaker if it didn't.

All I can say is that if this is something you are contemplating, I can say with 100% certainty that I made the right decision. I also want to give a big shout-out to Logan and Hal at Dynosty for their care and concern for me and my Z during this tune. They are professional, courteous and they know WTF they are doing. This is by far the best $$$ that I have spent on the Z to date.
Build Date/Number: 1/27/2010 #706
Berk HFC + CBE, R2C CAI, Clear Bra, Cleveland Z Club

Last edited by mults; 05-23-2017 at 01:58 PM.
mults is offline   Reply With Quote