View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 12:16 PM   #113 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINISTER View Post
Likely more headaches?...the LS3 as I mentioned, and you did not read I guess is a solid platform. I owned a 2006 Pontiac GTO with the LS2 engine, Two corvettes with both ls3 engines and I never had 1 problem ever....euro cars are all nightmares, and on top of that the alfa romeos are known historically for being unreliable nightmares.... click on the link in my post they couldn't even give consumer reports a good one ...
Yes, Alfa left these shores about a generation ago due in part to quality problems. Seems to me, another manufacturer was in a similar situation about 10 years prior. They essentially kept selling here but changed the brand name to lose the baggage. What was that make again? I can't quite put my finger on it ;-) . And quite frankly, they still have a quality problem. Can you say "CSC" on our cars, or transmissions on GT-R's? How about transmission cooling issues on Frontier/Xterra? Ignition systems on Sentra? Nissan just walks away from those like a dog away from a turd, and somehow gets away with it.

In 1996, Alfa was a bloated, government-owned car maker concerned with keeping unions happy at the expense of the taxpayer and the customer. Now, it's one of the big hopes of growth for FCA (though it's never going to materialize in numbers that matter).

The MiTo and Giulietta, cars we've never seen in N. America, have actually a pretty good rating as far as long term quality goes. In a much different league than the new lineup from Alfa Romeo, no question there.

As for the Consumer Reports article, I don't know. I only pick that rag up when I run out of toilet paper. I've never had a use for it, and am surprised any thinking person does. Perhaps just this time because it supported your point? I could understand that.

Last edited by ZCanadian; 05-23-2017 at 12:18 PM.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote