View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 11:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jsolo
Track Member

Drives: '12 G37 6MT
Jsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really niceJsolo is just really nice

I did my first drain/fill after the car was just under 4 years old at around 18K miles. Took about 1 1/2 gals. I went with the nissan blue premix. Figured it's cheap insurance against future issues.

I did the vacuum fill method. The entire filling process took only a few minutes, and no hassles with having to get the system to operating temp, wait for thermostat to open, etc to 'burp' the system. Because this was my first time doing the vacuum fill method, I did let it warm up completely until the fans kicked on. Next time this step will be skipped. Monitored the level in the reservoir and radiator over the next few days/heat cycles. Never had to add any additional fluid. It's still at the same full mark today (almost 2 years later) as it was the day I did it.

I did buy a replacement drain petcock o-ring. Not really necessary. After 4 years there was minimal if any wear, I could of just reused the existing one. Be careful when tightening, it is plastic.

The MY 2012 only has one bleed screw and a traditional single pressure cap. I didn't touch the bleeder, and vacuum filling was done right at the radiator. According to this thread, the pressure cap is now on the expansion tank, while the radiator is just a cap. I suppose if I was vacuum filling one of these systems, I'd still do it at the radiator. Although, because this is now a sealed system, it really shouldn't matter.

For sale links
Jsolo is offline   Reply With Quote