View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 05:06 PM   #68 (permalink)
OhioYJ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 370Z
OhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHZZ View Post
I have seen some nifty pulley systems that raise and store the roof on the garage ceiling.
Got to think this would not be practical for many.
Since I've owned a few cars with removable hardtops,I'll offer some input.
First,to install or take off a roof is a 2 person job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbhrps View Post
I've also seen the overhead pulley system for hard top storage online, and helped a local friend build one for his MGB, using a hand crank from an old boat trailer as the winding and brake mechanism. Again, rope, pulleys and wood were all that was needed.
I used one for my Jeep hard top, It's made by Harken. I have a review of it on my site, along with more pictures (link).

I can take the top off by myself easily. I've put the top back on by myself as well, but I prefer to have some one to help guide it down. It makes it easier so I don't have to perfectly line the Jeep up.

I doubt a 370 top would be near as heavy as a Jeep hard top is, but the Harken system was well worth the money for me.
OhioYJ is offline   Reply With Quote