View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 09:34 AM   #20 (permalink)
SINISTER
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z NISMO
SINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jliu View Post
Well, I have both a 2014 370z touring sport and a 2013 Boxster 981S. The Cayman S has about 10 more HP than the Boxster S. Other than that they are identical. I enjoy both cars equally. One thing the Porsche has over the Z is its intoxication tone of the flat 6 engine roars right behind you because of its mid-engine design. Both cars can go fast, but I think the Porsche is bit quicker, especially when cornering. Porsche interior is more refined and has better quality.
Yes, the cost of ownership is definitely higher with the Porsche. For example, the cost of materials of changing oil is twice on the Porsche compares to the Z. The main reason is the 981 takes almost 10 quarts of synthetic oil, and its oil filter costs about twice as an ordinary filter. Since I wrench myself the maintenance cost is not too bad. Based on the paper works I got from the previous owner Porsche charge him $350 for an oil change, OUCH!..
Is the transmission fluid change as big of a nightmare as the Mercedes transmission 722.9...?
Because you have to drain the torque tube and drain the pan, but then actually remove the pan, clean pan, change filter,pump the fluid through the same drain hole (so special attachment and pump needed) then get the temp of the engine up to 45C then open drain plug and confirm that it is just "spurting" out and note draining out...subjective, messy, costly, PITA...

Last edited by SINISTER; 05-21-2017 at 09:37 AM.
SINISTER is offline   Reply With Quote