Thread: Death by A/C?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
dedoom
Base Member

Drives: '09 370z Touring 6MT
dedoom is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Death by A/C?

Very shitty day. Not only did I oversleep for my first final, my Z didn't even make it to school for a review session for my second final of the semester.

Woke up to a nice 90+ degree socal Saturday. I've had my Z for almost three months and for the first time I decided to use the A/C for my entire trip. I usually drive with my windows down and I rarely use the A/C and if I do it's for a short burst.

On my way to class, I made a right turn (pretty hard right turn), I drove for another quarter mile and then power cut off and the car sputtered and stalled. Thankfully no one was behind me. Pulled to the side and tried to start the car again. It would either turn on and then stall and die after 2-3 seconds, or as I'm trying to have it turn over the car would just shake and jutter.

The car has the 6 speed manual. I was not slamming through the gears and revving the car out. The car was up to normal operating temperature.

The time was around 2 o clock and it was about 95 degrees. Towed the car home and let it sit till about 8:30ish. Turned the car on and like magic, it started. When my car died earlier in the day it had 5 dots of fuel, when I turned it on again at night I had a dot over half a tank. Let it idle for 10 mins. Normal idle, no drops or rises in rpm. I did smell quite a lot of gas. Took it for a spin around the block, everything seemed normal.

I have searched the problem up and the only possibilities I could think of are:
1. Fuel starvation from the hard right turn right before it died.
2. A/C clutch seizing up and stalling the car.
3. Fuel pump overheated.

Can someone PLEASE explain what the hell is going on? I love my Z. I don't wanna see her in pain
dedoom is offline   Reply With Quote