View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 11:03 PM   #105 (permalink)
SINISTER
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z NISMO
SINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
The Giulia has a Ferrari California engine with 2 cylinders lobbed off and two turbos to replace the lost cylinders. It has a ZF single clutch automatic transmission, 510HP and I think when you buy the Ti you're getting a bargain. The Giulia is appropriately priced for what it is. It only has 3 options. Ceramics, racing seats and
A manual transmission in Europe. So you basically buy a loaded car. Option out an M4 and u pass Giulia pricing by $9,000

It's the fastest sedan around the nurburgring.
Hey if you don't like it? I get it. One man's trash is another man's treasure. But a G8 is an outdated POS that compares to the worst M5 ever made. Not much of a feat and nowhere near the same ball park as this sedan.

The pic you chose is also an overstatement to the realistic appearance of a g8 if you bought one right now... smh. Somebody please post a pic of a G8 from cars.com? I'm on my cell and can't right now..
Lets clarify things the Giulia Ti is not the fastest sedan around the Nurburgring...the Giulia Quadrifoglio is...Big price difference between the two. The Ti is priced around 40k and the latter priced over 72k+

The GXP G8 is a POS I agree, thats my point...but that POS looks similar to the Alfa which honestly should look much better since your paying a TON more. That POS G8 also has 415 Hp versus the Alfa Ti version of the Giulia which if I am not mistaken has 280 Hp ..The GXP G8 did 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds vs the TI doing over 5 seconds and quarter mile times? G8 13.0 seconds vs Ti 13.6....The GXP G8 also did Nurburgring in 8.30 thats 58 seconds slower than the 70k + version but definitely faster than the Ti version...pretty good for a outdated POS that cost 2.5 X less than the TI and 4x less than the Quadrifoglio.

The Ti is a bargain? Alfa has had a history of unreliability and high cost repair. Typical of Euro garbage...See the consumer reports on how reliable and what a "great bargain" it is...
Consumer Reports' 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Basically Lives at Dealer
That "bargain" just got more expensive. Cost of fixing a euro car just added to our price tag. Cost of fixing a G8 low ...real low. Not to mention the G8 gets a LS3 V8 which is bullet proof and highly reliable not a direct injected carbon build up maintenance problem like the Alfa Ti engine.

I think with the 25k to 58k saved you can make any G8 look as good as the one I posted. Would I buy a G8? No but would I but a G8 over a Ti if I had no other options for 2x less ..YES. ..So for a POS which I agree it is...the G8 makes the Alfa Ti kinda look like a high cost, unreliable, bigger POS.......

Last edited by SINISTER; 05-20-2017 at 11:30 PM.
SINISTER is offline   Reply With Quote